Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
F.C. Bunnell Bank Building
6, 8, 10 West Tioga Street 1844
The left side of this building was originally built as a one-story house for Sherman D. Phelps. It was sold to Frank C. Bunnell in 1872, at which Rime a one-story addition was used as a private bank. It is believed that the second story of the home was added by Bunnell, a US congressman and first president of the Wyoming County Agricultural Society. The bank closed in 1889, and the building was used for a time as a bakery. The second floor of the commercial portion was added in 1903. The building has also been used as apartments and various retail and commercial businesses.
Stops GPS Tour Map