Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Baptist Church
2 Church Street 1883
The first Baptist congregation in Tunkhannock was formed in 1841 and met at several other buildings in town, including an early Presbyterian Church and the Episcopal Church building (No. 3) on Second Street, before purchasing this lot in 1883. Construction of a clapboard building was completed in October of that year, and the baptistry was completed and first used in February 1884. Electrified lights were first installed in 1900 and updated in the course of major renovations in 1910. The church closed in 2013 and was reopened as Bridgewater Baptist Church in 2015.
Stops GPS Tour Map