Mack & Son Carriage Factory
55 Putnam Street 1871
William Mack started a carriage business in a barn on this site that burned down in 1868. He entered a partnership with William Kiefer in 1874. They built carriages, wagons, and buggies. The building was converted to a residence in 1881. The building features Italianate elements, including a symmetrical five-bay facade, double-hung windows, and shallow brick arches over the windows.