Wyoming County Courthouse
1 Courthouse Square 1843
The original two-story courthouse was built on land donated by farm owner Thomas T. Slocum. It was extensively expanded and renovated in 1870 into its current Italianate style. Considered an architectural masterpiece by designer D.R. Nolt, the building features narrow double-hung windows, a low-pitched roof with overhanging eaves, and an ornate clock tower. All repairs and enhancements, such as the new entrance on the building's Putnam Street side, are as historically and aesthetically accurate as possible. A prominent feature is the Civil War monument on the west lawn.