Isaac Slocum House
21 West Tioga Street ca. 1814
One of the oldest houses in Tunkhannock, the current Presbyterian manse has twice been associated with
the church. It was originally part of a large farm owned by Maj. Isaac Slocum, one of the earliest settlers in the area, and also served as a stage coach hostelry. From the mid 1800s to 1886, it was the home of Presbyterian minister C.R. Lane who, in turn, sold it to William Benedict, who wanted his children to attend Tunkhannock's schools. Benedict was awarded a patent in 1865 for a potato digging machine. In 1956, the building was conveyed back to the church for use as a manse.