Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Metcalf Museum
56 West Harrison Street 1936
Built by Henry F. Metcalf to house his growing collection of local periodicals and Native American artifacts, the two-story Colonial-style building was opened to the public on a fairly regular basis and was a popular destination for history students through December 1950, when it was closed (both Metcalfs died in 1946). Metcalf was a charter member of the Wyoming County Historical Society. The Historical Society disbanded by the mid 1950s and was re-chartered in 1980. The building is now a private residence.
Stops GPS Tour Map