Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Ross House
55 West Tioga Street ca. 1845
This amazing house bears little resemblance to the original structure in that it has been altered numerous times. Built by the Ross family, its distinctive mansard roof was added in 1870 by owner Sarah Metcalf. In 1901, her son-in-law, attorney Bradley F. Lewis, had the entire structure raised two-and-a-half feet and made extensive additions, including the wrap-around porch with paired Ionic columns and spindlework balustrade.
Stops GPS Tour Map