Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Sand Hill School
11 East Harrison Street ca. 1854
It's easy to see that this complicated structure at the corner of Bridge and Harrison streets was modified over time, primarily to meet the needs of a growing student body. Later known as the Harrison Street School, it was renovated in 1872. It was expanded in 1883 and again in 1893. The school closed in 1971 and has been home to the Wyoming County Historical Society and Genealogical Library since 1980.
Stops GPS Tour Map