Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Sittser House
81 Putnam Street 1900
Tunkhannock Mills owner and inventor Frank L. Sittser was the first inhabitant of this two-story brick Colonial Revival-style house. The house features a deep wraparound porch, flat brick window arches with keystones, pilasters and porch supports with Ionic capitals, wide-band frieze, and cornice with gable returns and block medallions. In 1897, the US Patent Office awarded a patent to Sittser and Thomas B. Wall of Tunkhannock for a nut-lock.
Stops GPS Tour Map