Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Slocum House
21 West Tioga Street pre-1803
The core of this home, which has been modified many times, was built by the family of Isaac Slocum, brother of Frances Slocum. Though the precise date of its construction is unknown, it was featured among sketches collected by Frances Overfield Piatt and dated to 1803. In about 1829, Maj. Benjamin Slocum moved to this house and 300-acre farm from Scranton, where he was postmaster, and became postmaster here, succeeding his brother Isaac.
Stops GPS Tour Map