Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Stark House
99 East Tioga Street 1883
This was home to Lydia Marcy Stark, granddaughter of Zebulon Marcy, one of the earliest European settlers of Tunkhannock who moved here from Wilkes-Barre in 1772. The Queen Anne-style house was considered "one of the most handsome residences in town" when it was finished. Though partially destroyed by fire in 1902, it was faithfully restored as per architect D.S. Hopkins' original blueprints. It currently serves as the rectory for the Nativity BVM Church.
Stops GPS Tour Map