Menu Historic Tunkhannock
Return to Stops
Triton Hose Firehouse
9 Marion Street 1891
This simple, two-story brick building has had many uses through the years, including a firehouse until 1909, when the Triton Hose Company moved into a new building on Warren Street that now houses the borough offices. It was sold to the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) who added the Colonial Revival-style door, made other improvements, and after 1911 provided space to the Tunkhannock Public Library. In 1985, the DAR moved to the old Sand Hill School building (No. 6) and donated the former firehouse to the library, which occupied it until 2001.
Stops GPS Tour Map